Hi friends! Today I am super excited because my sweet blogger friend, Meghan, has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I’ve seen the Liebster Award floating around on other blogs I read, but I never expected that I would be given one – how fun! Be sure to check out Meghan’s blog, When L Met M, to read all about her life in DC!
For those of you who don’t know what the Liebster Award is, it’s basically an award that is passed around the blogging community to those who have fewer than 200 followers as a way to simply get to know other bloggers better!
The rules are simple: You list 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Finally, you then nominate a few more bloggers for the award!
Here we go! 🙂
- I hated my name growing up because no one else had it. I so badly wanted to be a Katie or Sarah, like everyone else, but now I absolutely LOVE my name! Although, Paige is more popular today, I still love that it isn’t too common.
- I have lived in four different states: Kentucky, North Carolina, Indiana, and Illinois.
- I went to college in the same town that I grew up in – Purdue University in West Lafayette. Boiler Up!
- I am the oldest of three kids. I have a younger sister and brother and we all work in education of some form.
- I met my husband in college and we got married in 2010 on Purdue’s campus.
- I could eat thin crust pizza and ice cream for every meal and never get sick of them.
- I have never owned a pet, but am obsessed with french bulldogs and really want one so I can name him Winston.
- I love to sing! I make up songs about everything and would much rather sing a conversation with someone than actually talk. This is why I love musicals so much!
- I’ve always been a bit of an “old soul”. I’d much rather stay in and go to bed early than be out late partying. However, when it comes to TV shows and movies, I totally relate more to teenagers.
- I have been told no less than 100 times that I look like Busy Philipps. What do you think?
- Pink and green are my favorite colors and if I had it my way, I’d put my monogram on everything!
Now onto the questions from Meghan.
- What’s your dream job? My dream job would be to own a high end children’s clothing boutique. I love looking at kids clothes and I think it would be so fun getting to interact with moms and kids on a daily basis while they shop for their little ones. I also think it would be fun to own a bakery or coffee shop.
- Favorite restaurant? My favorite type of restaurant is Italian. My current favorite restaurant is Davanti Enoteca in Chicago.
- What makes a good friend to you? A good friend is someone who is loyal and sticks with you no matter what your flaws may be. I think a good friend is also someone who is willing to hold you accountable for things in your life you may struggle with and who loves you with grace and kindness.
- Favorite song of the moment? My current favorite song is Play it Again by Luke Bryan. I know it’s not the most current, but I still love it! I’m excited for his concert on August 31st!
- What is something small that makes you happy? Honestly, the weather! My mood is very much effected by the weather so when it’s sunny and blue skies, I am happy all day long!
- Do you have any guilty pleasures? Reality TV! I love the Real Housewives, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Don’t Be Tardy…I should probably stop now 😉
- Favorite holiday tradition? Every year the Purdue Musical Organizations put on a Christmas Show on campus and I go with my family each year! It’s one of my favorite things about Christmas!
- A good dinner out, or a new item for your closet? This one is tough! As much as I love a good dinner out, I would have to say a new item for my closet. Clothes last a lot longer than food, ha!
- What is your favorite spot in your home? My favorite spot is my bedroom. We painted the walls a light blue color so it’s very relaxing and calming. It’s also the coldest room in the house so I love getting bundled up under the covers at night!
- What’s your favorite city? Besides Chicago, I love absolutely New York City! I also love San Francisco and Washington DC.
- Why do you blog? I started blogging as a creative outlet to share restaurant reviews and recipes with others. I’ve found it to be much more than that and is definitely a big community and I love all of my blogger friends I’ve made. 🙂
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is the story behind the name of your blog?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Sweet or salty snacks?
- If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your teenage self?
- Would you rather have a personal chef or personal stylist?
- What is your favorite cereal?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?
- What would you consider to be your biggest accomplishment in life to date?
- Why did you start your blog?
And now for my nominees!
- Katelyn @ A Real Housewife of Greenville
- Lesa @ My Life As a Mrs.
- Anna @ Park Avenue
- Caitlin @ A Wandering Wallflower
- Sarah @ Walters Party of 3
Have fun ladies!!