Like many girls, my absolute favorite season is fall! I love everything about it! And when a couple of my friends sent me this BuzzFeed to tell me it reminds them of me…well I guess that confirms how basic white girl I really am. I can’t help it though! I get absolutely giddy over the cooler temperatures, leaves changing colors, scarves and sweaters, and the list goes on!
Here are some of my favorite things about fall:
- Fashion – Sweater, boots, scarves…I love how cozy fall clothes make you feel!
- Colors – I love when the leaves start to change colors on the trees! I about died when I saw red and orange leaves in Seattle last weekend.
- Football – I may not be a die hard sports lover, but I do love football season and getting together for games with friends!
- Food – There is something about the cooler temperatures that make me want to bake and cook! I love making different soups in the fall – especially chili with cornbread!
- Produce – Squash, apples, root vegetables – you name it, I love it! Especially honeycrisp apples and butternut squash!
- Candles – I cannot wait to get out my pumpkin and coffee smelling candles to burn! Bath and Body Works always has some great scents and I look forward to picking up a few new ones this year
- Decorations – Fall is the one season I actually decorate for (besides Christmas). It makes our house feel so warm and inviting.
- Sweater Weather – Love the cooler temps!
- Pumpkin – you knew it was coming! I love all things pumpkin including the coveted PSL. Although after recently reading about the chemicals in Starbucks syrups, I might be sticking with a regular latte this fall.
- Activities – every year we make a trip to the pumpkin patch/apple orchard and it’s one of my favorite traditions!
- Thanksgiving – definitely has become one of my favorite holidays over the past few years. I love getting together with family and eating family recipes!
- Television – fall is the time when all of my favorite shows start up again. I’m especially looking forward to Parenthood (so sad it’s the final season), Scandal, Revenge, The Good Wife, Modern Family, and The Mindy Project.
What is your favorite season?