Since football season is in full swing, today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite game day snacks – Buffalo Chicken Dip!
I make this recipe all the time for parties and it is such a crowd pleaser! Everyone always asks for the recipe and is surprised by the lighter ingredients that are in it because it is still so full of flavor! This could easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken which will still leave you with the great buffalo taste.
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
recipe via Iowa Girl Eats
- 6 oz low-fat whipped cream cheese
- 6 oz plain greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- 6 oz shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken and remove the skin)
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided (in my opinion you must use Frank’s – it’s the best)
- 3/4 c shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp ranch dip mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and ranch dip mix.
- Spread mixture in an 8×8 glass dish and top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and buffalo sauce. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with pita chips or tortilla chips.
What are some of your favorite game day snacks?