One of my New Year’s resolutions was to be more consistent in bringing my lunch to work. I fell into the habit of going out to lunch most days which is not only costly, but depending on where I went might not have always been the healthiest option. Although I do try to make healthy food choices most of the time, sometimes I just get tired of eating the same old boring salad. While searching for some new recipes to make for lunch, I came across this delicious quinoa salad and it is so tasty I had to share the recipe with all of you.
Quinoa Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2-3 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and then turn off the heat. Add the peas and cover until bright green.
- Toss the quinoa with the peas, feta, cooked bacon, and basil.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with the salad ingredients. Season generously with salt and pepper.
I served mine with a side of asparagus, but this would also be great served over baby spinach or with grilled chicken.