I am a huge pasta lover! One of the reasons I was hesitant about trying out a gluten-free diet is not being able to eat pasta any more. Lucky for me, there are tons of gluten free pasta options! Our favorite kind that we have tried so far is the Barilla Gluten Free Pasta which is made from corn. We also love Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Pasta. For this recipe, I used Barilla Gluten Free Rotini, but you can certainly use any kind of pasta you like. This recipe is light and healthy and won’t weigh you down from a heavy sauce. The fresh lemon juice gives this dish a huge punch of flavor and will have you going back for seconds!
Pasta with White Beans and Spinach
- 1/2 lb pasta (I used Barilla Gluten Free Rotini)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 pkg. baby spinach
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan + more for topping
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in boiling water. When cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add in spinach and white beans and continue to cook until spinach is just wilted.
- Add the juice of the lemon, red pepper flakes, salt, and Parmesan cheese and mix together.
- Add in the pasta making sure it is evenly coated with all other ingredients.
- Serve warm and top with extra cheese if desired.