If I had to pick one snack food to live on the rest of my life, chips and salsa just might be it for me! Kevin is also a lover of chips and salsa and between the two of us, we eat a ridiculous amount in our house. Sometimes we will buy store bought salsa (Trader Joe’s Double Roasted Salsa is a favorite of ours), but lately we’ve been loving homemade restaurant style salsa which takes no time at all to make.
You can really taste the fresh lime juice and cilantro in this salsa which I love! This recipe is perfect for happy hours outside in the summer with a margarita in hand.
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped (leave the seeds if you like your salsa spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 extra large handful of cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes and adjust salt levels if necessary.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips (I recommend Frontera Lime and Sea Salt Tortilla Chips).
Note: This recipe makes a lot of salsa!
Do you like chips and salsa? What are some of your favorite snacks?