Several weeks ago I was nominated for a Liebster Award by one of my favorite Chicago food bloggers, Anne. You may remember me writing a similar post to this last year. I love getting to know other bloggers through these little Q&As so I thought it would be fun to participate again! Today I will be answering the questions Anne came up with for her nominees.
1. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Definitely pizza! More specifically, Neapolitan style pizza. It is hands down my favorite food and I could eat it everyday!
2. If you could lunch with any 3 ladies– alive or dead– who would they be? Ohh I haven’t ever thought about this before. I would say Shauna Niequist (my favorite author), Ina Garten (my favorite Food Network chef), and Lauren Conrad (because I love her sense of style and would love to pick her brain about branding her business).
3. What inspired you to begin blogging? I dabbled in blogging several years ago after I first got married as a way to document our lives together, but was never very consistent. I love reading other people’s blogs so last year I decided to finally start blogging more seriously. My blog is still used to document our lives, but also a way to share recipes and restaurant reviews. I love trying out all of the great restaurants in Chicago and was constantly taking pictures of my food so I wanted a place to share them with others.
4. What was your biggest accomplishment of 2014? I would say starting this blog and actually sticking with it! I started writing Tomatoes for Cucumbers a year ago next week and am really proud of myself for consistently sticking to a five day per week posting schedule. I know I am not the greatest writer or photographer, but I am pretty proud of this little hobby of mine.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Southern California where it is warm all year! Give me sunshine 365 days per year and I will be a happy girl! Besides sunshine, I would love to be on the Pacific coast and have fresh produce readily available all year round!
6. Favorite song at the moment? Favorite songs on the radio: “Guy Walks Into a Bar” by Tyler Farr and “Take Your Time” by Sam Hunt. I also love all things Ellie Goulding! Favorite Worship Song: Great Are You Lord by All Sons and Daughters
7. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla! Fun fact: I actually didn’t even like chocolate until recent years. I was always more of a fruity/gummy candy kind of person. I prefer vanilla because the possibility of ice cream toppings are endless!
8. What was the best restaurant you visited in 2014? Cicchetti which is now closed. I went for my birthday dinner last summer and fell in love! Sadly as soon as the restaurant opened its doors, it closed just 10 short months later. I’m still bummed about this one!
9. If you could relive any moment in your life, which would you choose? I don’t know that I would necessarily relive any particular moment in my life (obviously my wedding day was the best day), but I would love to go back to my undergrad college years! I had the best four years with my friends at Purdue and would give anything to have all of my best friends living in the same place again!
10. How did you come up with your blog name? My husband, Kevin, actually came up with the name. I had been brainstorming ideas for a few weeks and the name came together one night at dinner. We were at an Italian restaurant and both had salads before our meal. Kevin doesn’t like tomatoes and I don’t like cucumbers so we did what we always do and exchanged his tomatoes for my cucumbers. At that moment Kevin was like “that’s it – that’s the name for your blog: Tomatoes for Cucumbers”. It was cute and I love it!
I now nominate:
- Caroline from Windy City Chic
- Hollie from Fancykins
- Sam from Grapefruit & Granola
- Katie from Beneath the Chandelier
- Katie from Cabernet and Chaos
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Favorite nail polish color?
3. Who would you most like to see in a concert front row?
4. Flats or Heels?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. A good dinner out, or a new item for your closet?
7. What is one movie you could watch countless times and never get tired of?
8. Sweet or salty snacks?
9. What is one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?
10. How did you come up with your blog name?