Greek salads are one of my favorite things to eat! I especially love the salty feta cheese and briny olives. I was recently watching the Food Network and saw Ina Garten (who can do no wrong) make a delicious Greek feast. Part of her meal included this fresh, colorful Greek salad which will be the perfect addition to your summer cookouts.
recipe via Ina Garten
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables. Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.