When it comes to weekly meal planning, I almost always make some kind of pasta dish one night of the week. It’s usually a quick dinner to make and always satisfying. A couple of weeks ago I was inspired by one of our recent Blue Apron meals and created this Lemony Goat Cheese and Brussels Sprouts Pasta that is full of flavor and perfect for spring.
Lemony Goat Cheese and Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- 1/2 lb pasta (I used Barilla Gluten Free Rotini)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve some of the cooking liquid in case you need to thin out your sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and Brussels Sprouts to the skillet and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the goat cheese until melted. Stir in the red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Add in pasta liquid of sauce is too thick.
- Add the pasta to the Brussels sprouts and goat cheese mixture. Serve immediately.