As one of our last true summer meals I wanted to make something that highlighted a lot of fresh summer produce. Inspired by my Steak Tacos with Peach Salsa, a couple of weeks ago I created these Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Peach Salsa.
These lettuce wraps are both light and filling and combine all of the flavors of summer from the fresh peaches and corn.
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Peach Salsa
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Boston Bibb Lettuce
For the Peach Salsa
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan and sprinkle with spices and salt. Cook shrimp for about 2-3 minutes or until pink.
- To make the salsa, mix together peaches, corn, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime and salt.
- Pull a part lettuce leaves from head of lettuce. Add shrimp and top with peach salsa. Optional: Add diced avocado to wrap.