Is there anything that screams fall more than warm apple crisp? This is one of my favorite things to bake during apple season and it’s actually pretty healthy for a dessert! This recipe is gluten free AND has no added sugar. The combination of sweet apples with spicy cinnamon is definitely a winning combination and this recipe could not be any easier to make.
Apple Crisp (Gluten Free)
recipe adapted from Shauna Niequist
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (I used Trader Joe’s Gluten Free)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flour (I used Pillsbury Gluten Free)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice apples (leave skin on) and pour into 8×8 pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Mix oats, almonds, flour, syrup, olive oil, and salt together. Spread crisp topping over the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until fruit is bubbling and topping is crisp and golden.
Note: This recipe can be made with any kind of fruit. I have made the original recipe with blueberries and it is delicious! This recipe would also be great served with vanilla ice cream.