A couple of years ago Kevin volunteered with a program at our church that tutored kids from one of the neighborhood schools. For their Christmas party I was asked to bring in some treats for the kids. Along with my M&M and Chocolate Chip Cookies I also made the cutest Reindeer Cupcakes that were a huge hit with the kids!
These cupcakes would be perfect for your holiday party and a great activity to make with kids!
- 1 box cake mix of your choice (I used yellow cake)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 48 mini pretzels
- 24 Nilla wafers
- Red and white M&Ms
- Tube of black gel icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Mix together cake mix, water, oil, and eggs.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake according to directions on box.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, frost cupcakes.
- Place Nilla wafers on cupcakes and stick on red M&Ms using some of the frosting to make the nose.
- Place pretzels on top of cupcakes for the antlers.
- Place two white M&Ms below the pretzels for eyes. Using the black icing, make little dots on the M&Ms for eyes. Note: you can also use Wilton candy eyes instead.
Happy baking! 🙂