Since summer is officially here, I thought it would be a good idea to come up with a summer bucket list of things I want to do/accomplish over the next 3 months. In an attempt to slow down my pace of life recently, I’ve really been concentrating on not booking up all of my weekends with plans weeks in advance to allow room for more spontaneity/enjoyment of life. By freeing up more of my time, I think I will be able to enjoy this list of things (and more) this summer.
1. Go to the beach – We are lucky to have Lake Michigan and the beach right here in Chicago! I definitely don’t take advantage of it enough and plan to go as often as possible this summer.
2. Summer Festivals – There are at least three different festivals going on around Chicago in different neighborhoods each weekend throughout the summer. I would love to hit up as many as possible. Some of them on my list include: Old St Pat’s Block Party, Roscoe Village Burger Fest, Taste of River North, Summer on Southport, and the Chicago Air and Water Show. One of my favorite festivals each year is the Old Town Art Festival which unfortunately we will be out of town for this year.
3. Stand Up Paddle Boarding or Kayaking – I would love to try stand up paddle boarding! I’m not sure how successful I would be at it, but it looks like a lot of fun! I would also love to do one of the group kayaking tours along the Chicago River.
4. Farmer’s Markets – I typically go to my neighborhood’s farmer’s market each Saturday, but would love to branch out and explore other neighborhood markets as well.
5. Baseball Games – We are lucky to have two MLB teams in our city. I love going to games and it is such a fun summer thing to do. I’ve already been to one Sox game this year and have a Cubs game on the books, but plan on going to as many as I can.
6. Movies in the Park – The Chicago Park District shows different movies in all of the different parks around the city each summer. In the 6 years I have lived here, I have never done this and I definitely plan on going to at least one movie this summer!
7. Photography Class – We bought a DSLR camera a couple of years ago but have never really learned how to use it properly. It takes great pictures in auto mode, but I would love to really learn how to take pictures properly with it. I am already researching classes to sign up for.
8. Cooking Class – Kevin’s aunt and uncle gave us a gift card to The Chopping Block for Christmas and I am excited to pick a class and sign up!
9. New Restaurants – I want to try two new restaurants (to us) each month including Hot Doug’s which is a Chicago staple that is closing in October. Again, I have lived here for 6 years but have never been!
10. Travel – Since we have the blessing of travel benefits through Kevin’s job, I really want to take advantage of seeing the world and it is my goal to travel to a new place at least once per month.
What is on YOUR summer bucket list?
xoxo – Paige