1. Easter Dresses – I loved getting a new Easter outfit each year and it’s something I’ve tried to continue even into my adult life (minus the patent leather mary janes with frilly socks). Last week Old Navy had all of their dresses on sale so I picked up a couple and am still trying to decide which one to wear. Thoughts?
2. Easter Egg Hunts – my dad used to plan the most epic Easter Egg hunts for us in our backyard. I loved them so much I made him continue doing it for us even through college – I’ll always be a kid at heart! Not only were some eggs filled with candy, but some had money and other had “coupons” we could cash in. Some favorites that I can remember – “Item of clothing of your choice from any store at the mall”, “Chinese take-out bought and delivered by dad”, “Free Starbucks drink of choice”, etc. As you can see, the eggs were worth hunting.
3. Easter Treats – I’m not a huge candy eater, but I do love Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs! The peanut butter to chocolate ratio makes these so much better than regular Reese’s cups. I have a couple that I can’t wait to sink my teeth into once Lent is over.
Also, picked up these adorable mini cupcakes from Sugar Bliss today! I couldn’t resist 😉
4. The school I work for observes Good Friday as a holiday which means I am off work today and have a three day weekend!
5. Last but not least the reason we celebrate Easter – Christ’s death and resurrection. His death paid for all of our sins and because of that we are able to spend eternal life in Heaven with Jesus. I’m so undeserving of this gift but so grateful for His grace.
“Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Hope you all have a fabulous Easter!
xoxo – Paige