When traveling, it is important to be as strategic as possible when packing your carry-on versus your checked bags. Today I am sharing with you my list of in-flight essentials. I always make sure to pack these items in my carry on bag so I can have them within reach.
- Book/Kindle/iPad – I always make sure to bring something to read with me whether it be a magazine for a shorter flight or my Kindle for a longer flight. A lot of times I’ve already seen the movies shown on the flight, so it’s always a good idea to have some back up entertainment.
- Sweater/Scarf – I am always freezing on flights! I always make sure to bring a long cardigan or scarf with me to wrap up in, but something that is also easily removable if the flight happens to be warm.
- Water Bottle – Even though beverages are free in flight, I always make sure to have my own bottle of water with me since the little cups they give you are never enough.
- Snacks/Gum – Gum is essential for takeoffs and landings since my ears always pop! Depending on the length of the flight, I usually get hungry so packing something light like a granola bar or trail mix is a must.
- Hand Sanitizer – Airports and planes are full of germs so I always make sure to carry sanitizer with me.
- Lip Balm – Dry air circulating on the plane can cause dry lips so my EOS is essential.
- Facial Cleansing Wipes – These I usually only use after a long flight just to freshen up in the bathroom once we land. I always feel kind of gross after flying for several hours.
- Phone/Phone Charger – Most planes now have outlets in the seats so you can charge your phone.
- Headphones – This is a given for watching movies or drowning out the sound of crying babies.
- Makeup – I always keep this with me just in case my checked luggage doesn’t make it to the final destination.
- Hairbrush/Hair Ties – My hair almost always ends up in a ponytail by the end of the day so these are things I always have with me.
- Normal Purse Items (wallet, medicine, etc.) – Always keep with you the things you will need in case your checked baggage doesn’t make it to your destination (it happens). Things like prescription medicine, ID, passport, etc. should always be kept with you.
Hope this list is helpful for you when packing for your next trip!
What are some of your go-to carry on items?