One of my favorite foods are avocados. They are a great source of healthy fat and are so versatile. They are great on salads, sandwiches, tacos, in guacamole, and my recent favorite way to eat them – as a sauce on pasta.
One of my favorite food bloggers, Chungah, of Damn Delicious came up with this fantastic avocado pasta recipe that I immediately recreated myself. The creaminess of the avocado resembles that of an alfredo sauce without the unhealthiness of cheese and heavy cream.
adapted from Damn Delicious
- 12 oz fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 c olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions on package. Drain well.
- Combine avocados, basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in food processor. Turn on food processor and slowly add olive oil to emulsify sauce.
- Combine pasta and sauce in large bowl.
- Add in tomatoes and top with parmesan cheese (if desired).
Linking up with Jenn.