I don’t know about you, but in the summer I crave light and fresh foods. I love making recipes that don’t involve much cooking and basically just require a little chopping and mixing. One of my favorite things to do is buy a bunch of fresh veggies from the Farmers Market and then come home and see what I can create. Enter this fresh and colorful Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salsa. I recently made this for a Fourth of July party and it could not be any simpler!
Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained (could also use fresh corn)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (I used orange)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Juice of a lime
- Salt, to taste
- Chop tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Place in a large bowl.
- Add in drained black beans and corn. Mix together with other veggies.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lime and add salt.
- Mix well and taste. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or eat on its own as a salad.
Note: I doubled this recipe when I made it since I was feeding a larger crowd.