If there is one time of year I especially love baking, it’s definitely around Christmas. I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to not bake cookies at Christmas time. Every year my family can expect the same lineup of cookies to make an appearance and last year I shared those recipes with you. You can read all about my family’s cookie recipes here.
In addition to those three recipes, one other type of cookie that I make all the time are my Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies. These really can be made any time throughout the year so for Christmas I try to make them a little more festive by adding red and green Mini M&Ms. I’ve served these at several Christmas parties I’ve hosted and they are always a huge hit.
Mini M&M and Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&Ms (red and green)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Pack cookie dough into medium-size cookie scoop and place on baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Note: Even if the cookies look “under done” at 8 minutes, still take them out as they will continue baking on the sheet. This will ensure a soft and chewy cookie every single time.