Now that the weather has been getting colder, I have been seriously craving soup for almost every meal! The thing I love about soup is it is easy to make and can last for several meals. Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite soup recipes – Butternut Squash Soup with Pomegranate Seeds.
This Butternut Squash Soup is both delicious and healthy and has the best topping! I love adding pomegranate seeds on top because of the color contrast of the bright pink with the orange and for the added sweetness and crunch.
Butternut Squash Soup with Pomegranate Seeds
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped (I used Honeycrisp)
- 28 oz low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds
- Add the onion, carrots, butternut squash, and apple to large soup pot. Pour the vegetable broth over all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30-45 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Once vegetables are cooked and soft, puree the soup using an immersion blender. Add the cinnamon and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup to a blender (in batches) and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
What are some of your favorite soup recipes?
Thanks to Alesha for the Featured Favorite on this dish!