I have another delicious treat for you today that would be perfect to serve for Halloween! These treats are inspired by a recent visit to Chicago Bagel Authority where they had the biggest s’more krispy treats for sale. Their version was made with two different kinds of cereal: Golden Grahams and Cocoa Puffs. I went a slightly different route and added chocolate chips in place of the Cocoa Puffs. They taste exactly like a s’more without all the mess. 🙂
S’More Krispy Treats
recipe via Chef-In-Training
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag regular marshmallows
- 1 box of Golden Grahams cereal
- 1-2 cups Chocolate Chips
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and keep stirring until the marshmallows completely melt and you get a marshmallow sauce. Remove from heat.
- Add Golden Grahams and stir until they are all well coated.
- Next stir in chocolate chips. Note: It is best to use frozen chocolate chips so they hold their shape better. Room temperature chocolate chips will still work, they will just melt.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and press S’mores down evenly in pan. Let cool.