Banana bread is one of my favorite treats to make. It’s great for a quick breakfast, snack, or even dessert. I’ve shared my recipe for Gluten Free Banana Bread with you and today I am sharing another great healthy banana bread option. A couple of weeks ago my friend, Jess, gave me this recipe for Paleo Banana Bread. This recipe is also gluten free but is made with coconut flour which means it has no grains at all. This bread is extremely soft and the coconut oil and flour add a ton of flavor!
Paleo Banana Bread
recipe adapted from Against All Grain
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 3 large ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, eggs, honey, vanilla, and vinegar.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mash the bananas and mix together with the coconut milk in a separate bowl.
- Add the banana mixture to the batter and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.