In the summertime, there is nothing better than fresh corn on the cob. We buy fresh corn at our Farmers Market almost every weekend during the summer and it only gets better as the weeks go on. For Memorial Day this year, I wanted to make a tasty dish to kickoff summer. This corn and avocado salad was the perfect summer side dish for the cookout we went to. It was so good that I made it again the next night for dinner club.
Corn and Avocado Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing
recipe adapted via Iowa Girl Eats
- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Chili-Lime Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two lime s
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Add ingredients for Chili-Lime Dressing into a jar with a tight-fitting lid or bowl then shake or whisk to combine.
- Slice kernels from corn cobs. Combine corn, avocado, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, and basil in a large bowl with dressing. Season salad with additional salt and pepper then toss to combine.